RSS

BELLA'S STORY

This is to introduce Bella to you - there is lots more and there will be lots more posts about her - this information is taken from her Facebook page and lays the foundation for the journey we are about to take.


Bella one day old

My name is Annabelle and I will be five in July. But you can call me Bella. 

I have a disability that at this time has no known diagnosis. I spent the first couple of years mostly in hospital in Brisbane Australia, with High complex medical needs. 

For a long long time I was feed through a tube in my tummy and I was not able to eat or drink. I started to walk and talk after after my third birthday. 


Bella's First Birthday

The Doctors call what I have "global developmental delay." Which means my gross and fine motor skills, speech and language, physical and intellectual development are very delayed. I may be five but really I am only about 2 1/2.

With Imogen, Mummy and Nanna


The therapy and support I need is very expensive so my Mum and Dad fundraise to help with these costs. An example of this is my Occupational therapist who is helping me get ready for school next year is $150.00 per hour! 

Bella making sandcastles.

The Developing Foundation Inc. guarantees 90% of funds that we raise go directly to support my special needs. You can help support me by making an online donation at my website. 

www.developingfoundation.org.au/family/bella

That smile just enchants me.

Love and hugs and hope.

Linda.

0 comments:

Post a Comment